Suya Spiced| Baked Chicken| ADES Recipe
Suya Spiced Baked Chicken
- 2 chicken leg quarters
- 2 sprig of fresh thyme
- 2-3 spoons of suya spice
- 4 cloves of garlic
- Half of a small onion (diced)
- 2-3 bay leaves
- 10g of grated fresh ginger
- Some salt
- 2-3 spoons coconut oil
- Some green and red birds eye chillis (optional)
- Wash the chicken legs and place in a bowl.
- Add the suya spice, fresh thyme, garlic, onion, bay leaves, ginger, salt and coconut oil.
- Work all spices into the chicken.
- Cover bowl with a tea towel and set aside for about 30 minutes. (If you have time, set aside over night in the fridge).
- Pre-heat oven to 150 degrees.
- Transfer the content of the bowl into a baking tray or oven dish. Cover with foil paper and place in the oven. Cook for about 20 minutes covered.
- Then increase the temperature of the oven to 200 degrees.
- Remove the foil paper, add the chillis if using and continue to cook for another 20-30 minutes until chicken is cooked through. Serve