- Blend the overripe plantain pieces, plantain flour batter, onions, crayfish, pepper and stock cube with just enough water to allow the blades of the blender move.
- Pour the smooth blend into a sizeable bowl.
- Add salt and palm oil. Mix thoroughly till well combined.
- Set a small quantity of water in a pot to boil. When the water boils, place a base for the Plantain Moi Moi wraps into the pot. This can be scrap pieces of aluminium foil, a stainless steel stand or leaf stalks from the uma leaves.
- Scoop the mix into folded uma leaves, just as you would with beans Moi Moi.
- Gently place the wraps in the pot of boiling water and cook for 20-25 minutes. Add water along the way if necessary.
- Leave to cool down completely and set before serving.
Serve with Custard, oat meal or akamu (corn starch meal). It can also be eaten with a chilled drink as a quick snack.